The regional product manager manages the products portfolio of enabling and integrated solutions product lines throughout their entire lifecycle, from initial concepts through product development to market launch and ongoing product and supply chain management to eventual portfolio and product rationalization. The scope of work is broad, including customer segmentation, value proposition development, pricing strategy, product cost management, competitive and market trends analysis, and marketing material and sales tools development.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Deliver financial commitments for the product lines
- Analyze sales, gross margin, and pricing targets on a constant basis
- Identify as-needed marketing campaigns and supply chain modifications and implement with marketing communications and sales plan, respectively
- Lead the new product development initiative:
- Generate business cases for development programs
- Identify target segments and create value propositions
- Obtain Voice of Customer market data for input into product design
- Manage the marketing deliverables for new products
- Ensure projects are executed to plan by working with TCC
- Manage product costs with TCC & operations stakeholders
- Manage the product line:
- Owner of the product line roadmap including global and local offerings, build competitive roadmap as well as align global strategy and local initiatives plan.
- Review portfolio regularly and rationalize over product life cycle
- Maintain product line forecasts for sales and budget planning
- Understand basic design, supply chain, raw material (including metals) costs, inflation forecasts, and both absolute and relative manufacturing cost to underpin margin projections
- Set and manage value pricing based on profitability targets and competitive situation
- Develop and execute messaging, market plans and tools to help boost sales of existing products
- Provide inputs into conference plans and other customer events, including trade shows
- Coordinate with global segment and product line leaders for strategy deployment and product management alignment
- Own the sales collateral, communication channels and product training
- Understand the market and customers:
- Understand market trends and business drivers in the target verticals
- Gather project win-loss and competitive data to fine tune market plans, pricing and new products
- Maintain share of demand data
- Meet with customers to understand their changing needs
- Lead the annual strategic plan and budget planning processes for the product lines
- Promote teamwork across multiple departments and obtain alignment and commitment from relevant stakeholders
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical and automation) and/or business discipline is required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in large manufacturing industry, preferably with engineering, sales and account management background
- Experiences in systems and solutions preferred.
- Proficient in Chinese and English language, both written and spoken
- Hands-on experience in a product line management, product technology, new product development or customer technical support role
- Ability to work under ambiguity, think strategically and to scope tasks and set goals
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, results-driven organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships, both internal and external
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of product management process
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with various people and organizations in an effort to develop results
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate business needs; good presentation skills
Ability to travel up to 50% annually to both domestic and international locations
If this sounds like you, please click the 'apply' button to progress with your application via our Grundfos website.
Please note, applications received outside of this system will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you.
To all Recruitment Agencies
Grundfos does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our SuccessFactors, our careers email addresses, Grundfos employees or any other company location without being engaged by a Company Recruiter. Grundfos is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs