Objectives of the position
You will belong to department Motor Design & Simulations in Mechanical Development (MD), which is a part of Global Development & Engineering. MD is accountable for development of motors and pumps within any product groups that Grundfos produces.
Our developments are platform based meaning that we are using tools, technologies and production methods that are depending on a particular domain of usage for the products.
You will be located in Székesfehérvár, where some of our collaboration partners from Program Engineering are situated. In general, you will have many specialist touchpoints within Grundfos.
Besides platform and product development we also focus on process improvement, so in everything we do we want to get even better. Thus, you will constantly upgrade and share your knowledge, enabling you to work deeper into your field of expertise.
The electrical engineer will work with electromagnetic and electrical design of motors. The product area is Water Utility, where both submersible motors and waste water motors are a part of. The motors are mainly induction motors in a big variaty of types aiming at the different applications.
In development projects you will be responsible for the magnetic and electrical design. Here, you take part in specific development projects working on design, simulation, review, verification and documentation of stators and ensure the complete electrical design live up to regulations. Another part of the job is to solve electrical questions from the Engineering departments. High quality documentation of the work is an important part of your job.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Simulation of electromagnetic motor design
- Making economical perspectives of the design
- Implementing theoretical design to practical solution with high quality
- Implementing theoretical design to practical solution according to mechanical standards and approval requirements
- Ensure producibility in cooperation with operations and suppliers
- College or University degree in Electrical Engineering
- Fluent English knowledge
- Experience with electromagnetic design motors
- Experience with electrical measuring technique and test
- Knowledge of motor production
- Knowledge of IM- and PM-motors, analysis, design and simulation
- Simulation skills, among others Finite Element simulation
- Good cooperation with local and foreign colleagues
- Collaborative and thrive in teams
- Analytic with an eye for the details
- Innovative and result oriented