Data Scientist to digitalize Operations
This is a unique opportunity to become part of the team that drives the digitalization of Operations at Grundfos globally. Taking offset in our factory of the future, you will seek out and analyse data and take part in defining, developing and maturing projects that will determine our production methods for years to come.
Welcome to Grundfos and the factory of the future
You will join the AME Digital Development department. Here, you and 7 colleagues develop methodologies that we test in our factory of the future to increase our efficiency. Stepping into our team, you join 7 specialists with complementary competences to make our journey from connectivity to data utilization a success.
“The majority of your time you will spend on data visualization, data analysis and defining machine learning algorithms to optimize our production and value chain. By visualizing the trends, automating and foreseeing events you will add value to our colleagues, customers and competitiveness,” explains Manager Simon Rosenberg Bolmgren.
Perform data analysis and visualisation on big data projects
You will support our digitalization strategy by working extensively on gaining knowledge and insights through the exploration and study of Grundfos production data. This includes working with data we already possess while also specifying and finding the data we need. Your ability to provide accurate conclusions makes you key in proving or rejecting various hypotheses based on data.
- Gain knowledge and insight by exploring data and developing machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate with the team on the journey towards effective utilization of our data in Operations
- Interact with the production and value chain to test out hypothesis and solutions
- Support as the data specialist on various digitalization project
- Apply MS Azure as your primary tool box, just like R and Python will be instrumental in your daily work
Apply the knowledge and ideas of your colleagues
Collaboration will be a great part of your day. In the team, you will work in sprints, which include methodologies being tested in the production. Also, you will collaborate with our IT department, Big Data IOT Lab, as well as specialists and managers in the organization. Doing so, your work will uncover new possibilities for big data projects, which you then mature together with your colleagues in the team.
Detail-oriented data expert
It is not important whether you recently obtained your master’s degree or have several years of experience. More importantly, you manage to draw on the expertise and ideas of your colleagues to analyse and utilize data to benefit our production. Furthermore, you thrive deep diving into the details of your analyses to make the right conclusions. And you:
- Hold a master’s degree in computer science, signal processing or similar studies centered around data
- Knowledge of AI, including machine learning and deep learning
- Have a deep understanding of mathematics and modelling
- Know either Python, R, Java or C++ and perhaps HTML, Scala, Matlab Julia or F
- It is an advantage, but not a prerequisite if you know MS Azure as well
- Take initiative, are self-driven and prepared to meet deadlines
- Speak and write English effortlessly
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Manager, AME Digital Development, Simon R. Bolmgren on +45 20 63 31 78
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than 5th of august 2019 by clicking on “Apply”.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe and Factory of the Future, please see links:
Factory of the Future video: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6526415887728156672
Grundfos on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195
or our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwY54t455CU.