Develop and implement sourcing strategies centered around logistics to achieve defined supply chain objectives and prepare and present the strategies at periodic management and executive reviews. Objectives include regional freight supplier alignment, contract management and cost savings targets.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Understand and evaluate logistic/freight market trends in global market with focus on North and South America.
- Demonstrated ability of working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Drive an optimized logistics network, globally, leading end-to-end network initiatives, providing effective management, control and coordination of projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Capability to work collaboratively across the region to understand the various supply chains in Grundfos.
- Make and implement recommendations to optimize logistics cost.
- Implement agreements across multiple sites in the Americas Region.
- Learn and implement sourcing strategy methods used by Grundfos Purchase.
- Establish sourcing strategies that align to Grundfos long-term strategies.
- Utilize SAP, Sievo, Scanmarket and other Grundfos software for data analysis and project scope.
- Negotiate payment terms, pricing, lead-time etc when placing contracts and/or purchase orders.
- Remain current with overall market conditions and material price index. Understand cost drivers for freight.
- Initiate and conduct Supplier Relationship Management meetings in order to build relationships, reduce costs, monitor/improve quality, increase/maintain supplier on time delivery and other performance issues.
- Responsible for ongoing new vendor evaluation and leading dept. personnel in product/supplier change.
- Work with various internal Grundfos departments and external suppliers to develop/modify specifications to maximize value/minimize total cost; design for manufacturing, quality improvement (to include the review of quality discrepancies of incoming commodities), total cost reduction and issue resolution.
- Monitor, evaluate and work with problem suppliers to improve performance.
- Lead cross-company teams to strategically develop long-term supplier partnerships.
- Identify and prioritize material cost reduction opportunities. Control price variances.
- Generate various reports related to project status, savings targets and assigned critical operating tasks.
- Perform all duties professionally, ethically, and in the best interests of Grundfos.
Key Success Factors
Global Logistics will provide commercial leadership, development and management of Global Logistics, responsible for optimizing logistics operations, footprint and network optimization, reducing costs, developing new capabilities, and driving service provider execution across the supply chain. This role is a combination of process and project management, developing and driving initiatives which enable the business unit to meet service levels and achieve cost objectives. This is a collaborative role which will work closely with colleagues across the business & globe to influence actions and jointly optimize freight and distribution networks. Manage KPI’s and Savings Targets associated with freight spend. KPI examples include Perfect Purchase Order, Contract Coverage, Savings, etc
Posting, Reporting, and Work Relations
This position reports to the Regional Indirect Purchasing Manager. Daily close cooperation with Local Purchasing Managers and Buyers is a must.
- Purchase Management
- Plant Managers
- Global Leaders
- Operation/Logistics Managers
- Sourcing Managers
- Finance Controllers
- Buyers/Supply Planners
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Must be capable of mobility in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to write and perform data input.
- Must be fluent at reading, speaking, and writing English, including technical vocabulary.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and capable of obtaining a passport.
- Interpersonal / Cooperative skills - working together with direct colleagues and other parts of the global organization.
- Structured and conscientious - ensuring high-quality and timely deliverables.
- Ability to take responsibility and drive tasks from A to Z to meet the deadline (task manager type)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work under time pressure.
- Ability to lead/support stakeholders by asserting skills of delegating, coordinating and communicating to ensure the best performance.
- Able to work in a team or individually and with other departments in Grundfos
- High level of negotiation skills.
- Computer skills consisting of a minimum of intermediate excel and power point skills. Aptitude to learn and utilize SAP, Sievo and CLM.
Work Conditions (US Only)
Office environment, travel is a must and additional hours as needed to support the business.