The Senior Service Technician is responsible for service activities, system diagnostics, repairs, product commissioning, and other service related functions on both Grundfos branded products and products manufactured by others. These activities may be performed in the field at customer sites, or in a Grundfos workshop environment. In addition, the Senior Service Technician will engage with customers as necessary in pursuing Service opportunities, including equipment upgrades, replacement, and other Service products from the Grundfos Service Products portfolio. Candidate will possess knowledge and experience working with rotating equipment, electrical controls, VFD’s, and other products typically associated with the Water/Wastewater, Industrial, and Building Services industry. Additionally, the Senior Service Technician position requires some travel, primarily within the US, and may occasionally require international travel, so the candidate must have a valid driver license and be able to maintain a US Passport. Travel is estimated to be ~10%, and typically within the state of Florida.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and testing of pumps, pump control systems, and other related equipment in both a shop and field environment.
- Provide field and shop service to assigned pumps and pump systems including teardown, evaluation, repair & assembly, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Completion of comprehensive inspections and/or tests of pumps and pump systems. Read machining drawings and electrical schematics.
- Makes product warranty determination. Inputs warranty statistics into the database.
- Prepares pricing proposals for product repairs/upgrades/replacement.
- Pursue opportunities to promote and sell the Grundfos Service Products portfolio whenever possible.
- Provide equipment start up and commissioning service to end users and sales channel partners.
- Understanding of all product lines and the ability to perform repair, start up, installation and removal of all product lines.
- Identify the cause(s) of pump failures, mechanical, electrical, and systematic, and provide appropriate corrective action based on competent evaluation of the services required.
- Represent the company as the onsite customer liaison during the repair.
- Prepare detailed reports to record and monitor labor and material, findings and resolution.
- Communicate design issues and developments to managers, engineers, and Service Manager.
- Be environmentally conscious of work environment.
- Maintain and operate company tooling and equipment.
- Ensure and control safety and quality assurance at all times.
- Provide peer to peer mentoring.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of Associates degree level in a technical subject or equivalent.
Experience working with centrifugal pumps, PLC’s, controls & control systems, and related rotating equipment typically associated with the Water/Wastewater, Industrial, and Building Services market is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with and an aptitude for industrial controls (Variable Frequency drives, programmable controls, transducers, etc.)
- Must have working knowledge of equipment, diagrams, measuring devices, and tools associated with the repair of mechanical, electrical and pump control products.
- Possess practical, hands-on experience in troubleshooting and testing pumps and controls.
- Ability to understand mechanical/electrical systems.
- Must interact effectively with customers, business associates, salesmen and engineers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must present a positive competent image to customers and exhibit sound judgment.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and team working skills.
- Possess good organizational skills and have the ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, a self-starter. Able to handle multiple assignments.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality systems with ability to develop testing procedures.
- Experience working with company ERP systems; SAP a plus
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Must develop professional work habits and present a positive, competent image to customers and exhibit sound judgement and technical accuracy.