General Summary: This position is responsible for performing various production jobs utilizing control instructions, work instructions, and other quality tools to ensure that safety and quality requirements are met.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers.
- Produces components utilizing equipment and machinery.
- Performs assembly operations utilizing hands and/or tools and equipment.
- Tests and inspects components and products by utilizing measuring tools, equipment, and testing machinery.
- Utilizes control instructions, assembly/test procedures, other quality tools for quality guidance.
- Responsible for the quality of all work produced and obligated to stop the process and alert team leader or supervisor of non-conforming work.
- Speaks up to team leader or supervisor with concerns or questions about safety or quality.
- Responsible for achieving output requirements.
- Responsible for accurately inputting data utilizing computer terminals.
- Responsible for keeping machinery/work area clean and orderly.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks.
- Continually ensures accuracy of component inventories.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent hand-eye dexterity.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Personal flexibility to be able to move among jobs throughout the factory as required.
- Ability to use basic hand and measuring tools.
- Skills in basic mathematics and reading (8th grade level.)
- Ability to follow safety standards and rules.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and use control instructions, work instructions, and other quality tools.
Education and Experience: High School diploma preferred plus 1-2 years of general assembly experience or equivalent experience.
Comments: Must be able to work overtime and various shifts (swing or graveyard.)