Do you have some years of leadership experience, and are you ready to take the next step in your career? Would you like to do this within a high-technology environment with a strong sustainability agenda and a focus on innovative thinking?
Grundfos is seeking a talented and engaged leader to join our Americas AME Motor & Integrated Control (IC) team to secure that the AME Motor & IC interests are being executed on Americas production sites (USA & Mexico). This Americas AME Motor Manager will need to be comfortable and willing to be hands on, working daily to execute tasks equally with the members team. This position will spend up to 50% performing AME Engineer tasks and the other 50% engaged in team lead activities.
The Americas AME Motor Manager reports to the Global AME Motor Manager in Bjerringbro, Denmark and will operate out of the San Luis Potosi manufacturing facility.
- Daily management of Americas AME Motor & Integrated Control (IC) team with base in San Luis Potosi, Mexico site (Be a to go person).
- Build up a strong and technically founded team with a proactive problem solving approach.
- Allocate recourses and follow-up on the individual - Activities/tasks within the team.
- Secure team delivery as promised.
- Secure Design for Manufacturing/Assembly in the daily activities (Cost and quality are the drivers).
- Drive and secure continuous improvements for manufacturing and assembly process/equipment in close collaboration with local Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineers and AME Chief/Global lead
- Secure a high level of information and reporting concerning quality, performance and improvement initiatives in the Americas production sites to AME Motor & IC Management.
- Secure good collaboration between Americas Manufacturing and AME Motor & IC teams.
- Collaboration with the local Manufacturing Engineering and Mechanical Engineering team who execute improvements and tasks.
- Ensure local management is updated regarding tasks done by the AME team. Maintain relationships to strongly collaborate to align priorities.
- Provide feedback to local management team about findings and root causes; And suggest necessary improvements that should be done by local Manufacturing Engineering and Mechanical Engineering teams.
Required Education & Experience
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor or Master’s degree Engineering or similar field of study and have a minimum 3 years of work experience as team leader in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing defined processes within production development.
- Solid knowledge of the plans, processes and activities within the functional area in production development.
- Possess a great understanding of the relevant systems, local laws and regulations where applicable, for the production development area.
- English and Spanish language is required. Candidates must possess high proficiency in both verbally and in writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain and argue key purpose and benefit of technical solutions across different professionals and organizational levels.
- Proven ability to have strong collaboration skills, both internally and externally with primary partners; Be good at networking across cultures and functional boundaries.
- Experience driving developed processes within production development; And the ability to lead processes or projects.
- Prove to have the strong ability to influence others and manage push back when presented.
- Possess a great understanding of the relevant systems, local laws and regulations where applicable.
- Ability to adapt and exchange and reach agreement trough flexibility and compromise.
- Must have a high drive and must be proactive, make results and deliver as promised.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% as needed and maintain a valid passport.