This position will be apart of the US Tech Center in Brookshire, Texas. The Tech Center supports the US region with development, technology, and product platform support for existing, and new product development. The Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ Product and Offerings Development (POD) organization with close ties to the regional business organization. As such this position will work closely together with colleagues locally, regionally and around the world.
The Product Development Engineer focuses on rapid product development for the regional market. From a foundation of existing product platforms, new product solutions are developed through extensive use of modelling and simulations to design, optimize and verify performance. This is executed in close collaboration with Product Management with a direct emphasis on market and customer requirements. Working within assigned (agile) teams, the position will closely collaborate with other key stake holders, (e.g. Product Management, Quality and Production) to secure reliable and robust product development and subsequent deployment into the market. Appropriate processes and tools will be used to facilitate the design, verification and optimization of developed solutions.
- Perform Tech Center assignments requiring knowledge of mechanical engineering theory, concepts and experience.
- Work within assigned teams, to create, develop, and manage design for new and existing products.
- Utilize Grundfos tools, processes and acceptance criterion in pursuit of meeting product specification requirements to achieve highest possible product quality and performance in accordance with identified relevant regulations and approvals.
- Provide support to Operations, to resolve mechanical problems in timely manner with respect to newly developed product.
- When necessary, support Field Service with technical support on pump related questions and issues.
- Upon request make technical recommendations to other departments (e.g. Product Management, Customer Support Engineering and Field Service), regarding feasibility and advisability of product modifications as well as writing up of technical engineering specifications.
- Support Quality in identifying root causes of issues resulting in non-conforming product or component issues, to increase reliability and reduce product failure. Will propose and help facilitate the implementation of good practices within Engineering and other areas to improve product quality and reliability.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering required with minimum 5 years of relevant professional mechanical engineering experience preferred
- Experience in Finite element analysis (ANSYS), Topology optimization and Robust design, and 3D CAD modeling required.
- Experience with Catia, 2D drawings incl. GD&T (GPS)
- Knowledge and experience with design processes and tools such as advanced DoE, DFMA, 6-, and parametric CAD modelling.
- Knowledge about materials e.g. Casting, Sheet metal, composite and aluminum.
- Experience in working with ISO9000 and formalized development processes.
- Experience working within Agile development framework desired
- Experience with project planning methods and tools (MS Project, MS Teams)
- English - verbal and written – capable of functioning in an English-only speaking environment as well as communicating with less English-proficient global peers
- Able to travel domestic and internationally and have a passport
- Be able to work in office as well as manufacturing environments, where sitting still, standing as well as lifting up to 50lbs, may be required.
- Able to work in office or from home, outside normal office hours, as may be required in relation to travel or collaborations with global peers (such as early morning or late evening meetings).
- Within the scope of this Job Description, adhere to the Company’s ISO Quality Program, Company Policy and Safety / Environmental Regulations.